Thursday, April 14, 2011

Scrapbook your heritage{04-14011}

Numbers 1:19-21 (New International Version, ©2011)

19 as the LORD commanded Moses. And so he counted them in the Desert of Sinai:
20 From the descendants of Reuben the firstborn son of Israel:
All the men twenty years old or more who were able to serve in the army were listed by name, one by one, according to the records of their clans and families. 21 The number from the tribe of Reuben was 46,500.


Just as each man 20 years and older and able were listed by name, according to their records, so are our names listed in the Lambs book of life. Are your records in order? Share with us how you are preserving the future for your descendants.
This is a fun challenge for me today. I have been blessed by having much heritage to scrap about. But as you see, even when your material is not ancient, you can scrap heritage. The Civil War is photo copied, but the small box is internet info. Hand written across the discharge are the words..."Paid in full, January 21, 1866, the sum of $66 2/3". On the tribute to my son, well, it is heritage from a family of military and also keepsake for his children.
I decided not to crop my photos of all the background this round. I was able to photograph them outside on a child's table that belonged to my mother when she was a wee one. You can see the aged and peeling paint. I do like the shabby look of things past. Guess my taste run the same with favored LO!!

Link your challenge here at CPC with the key word SHS06 or else where with CPC-SHS06. Thanks for playing along and building a strong heritage for your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment