Friday, January 20, 2012

Scrap Your Heritage ODBDSYH04 {1-20-12}

  



Although it has been said, many times, many ways...oh wait, that is a Christmas song!

So, today for your newest Scrap Your Heritage challenge, I want to encourage you again to focus on making your pages, faithbooking. Yes, we as a sisterhood in Christ, do reflect that in our pages. I encourage you to step forward boldly. To paraphrase scripture, He has given us a spirit of boldness, not one of timidity. Use some bold colors on your heritage page this month.

That is a tough one for me. I like the subtle traditional colors of earthy tones in my pages. But I want to be bold for we are called to do so!! May you feel the blessings of our Savior as we trudge our way forward, reflecting the past..to share with the future! When I finished up my page with boldness, you can see I had to soften the tone with some walnut ink on the edges. Some times are harder than others to step outside our small comfort zone. When it comes to crafts, I guess that is okay. But when it has to do with telling others about Christ, do not hesitate for even a moment. Go forth and celebrate Him with all your heart, mind and soul!

Sample Details
In the photo are my sister, Brenda and me in the playpen. (I didn't have a stamp that read, the truth shall set you free ) Because Brenda and I spent some time in the playpen, Mom must have thought it was a Kodak moment. For the original photo of my sample I had my nephew hold the sample(see the turned page corner) and it seemed appropriate, while we tended to his momma this week. The bars of the playpen somehow represented to me the trappings Brenda is surrounded with now, as she completes her journey here and is released from the bars that hold her to earth, as she anxiously awaits the welcoming arms of Jesus.

Blessings to each of you as you go boldly forth and capture memories for future generations.The close-up shows the ODBD stamp from the set Scripture Collection 2

No comments:

Post a Comment