Sunday, November 7, 2010

Monday, November 8, 2010

It was indeed a privilege to spend time with my sisters yesterday.  Our oldest sister was diagnosed with liver cancer in August, the day after my 54th birthday.  This is significant to me becase, she is only 11 months older than I am.  For  more than 50 years we have had twin time.  From my birthday to hers, we are twins.  So, you see, my twin has the horrid cancer destroying her body.  But, you must also know, regardless of the devastation of the disease, the enemy does not win. My sis is undergoing cancer treatment and all that involves.  I love her and admire her strength.  If the Lord touches your heart to pray for her, we welcome your prayers.  We gathered today, to make bracelets to honor her.  The clear and silver toned beads were used in different styles because we each have our own personality.  Each bracelet has seven topaz beads for our parents and five siblings, plus one bangle to represent the oldest of our string of siblings, the one with cancer. The topaz color represents the cancer of the liver. 
Go forth today and bless another.  If you are suffering from cancer, or have a loved one that is, I am lifting you to the Father for strength and endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment