Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December 7, 2010

Counting down the days to my niece's wedding.  Only 5 to go including today (its early) and the big day! She is so excited, and I am as well.  She lives with her family more than 600 miles from my home, and I am right here with her amidst the finial preparation and excited nerves of a young bride!
Our times together are always full of adventure.  With the combination of all of us in one house, the uniqueness of being together is full of learning to know one another each time we are together.  I am so blessed to call my sister my freind, so I am very comfortable in her home!  We put things in the same cupboards, stock similar pantries, lean toward the same likes and dislikes!  Kindred!  I like that word.
Just a thought, kindred is how we should feel about our relationship with the Lord.  One in the like mind. Family. Online Webster's discribes kindred as being of the same family.  To my understanding, it goes so much deeper than that.  Like a oneness of spirit.  Christ, the center of  all we do.  A profoundess of understanding.  A goal to reach for new each day.
I have been away from church two Sundays.  I find today, that I miss the excitement of the pastor from Sunday morning.  I will be away yet another Suday because it is a travel day for me. The wedding will be behind us then.  I would like to remind you to strive today to prepare as the bride of Christ, watching and preparing for the great day of union with our Savior.

Blessings, and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment