Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Just Enough!!

Proverbs is my daily reading, (as I have blogged about in the past.)
Proverbs 30 8, we read the request, Give me only my daily bread. (9,) otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say,'Who is the Lord? Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.
 I was reminded of that scripture, when my husband  shared his whispered prayer (while our Sammy was bowling), after our son qualified to advance as an individual, at the high school bowling sectional tournament. You see, he was a single pin above the next qualifier, and the last of the nine to qualify.
WOW, evidence of the Lord 's faithfulness!
It was a delight to hear him recognized for that advancement. He was not at the top of his game that day, but we had talked about the importance of bringing glory to the Lord in all things.  Praying he would remember, he is not about self glory, but shining as a light for Christ. All that in presence and attitude as our lives unfold and we go about even the simple tasks of our everyday.

I just feel so refreshed when I recognize the work of Christ in my everyday!!

Blessings dear friends.

4 comments:

  1. There is so much beautiful wisdom in the book of Proverbs, Robyn. Thanks for sharing your daily reading.

    Bless you,
    Lynn @ http://mimimine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Sorry I've been so long away, Robyn! I just found your message left in Friend Connect. I didn't know it was there as I received no notification! I'm so sorry, it probably looked like I was ignoring you! lol I'm off to read all that I have missed here!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,Nancy, dear one,I am always glad when you stop by!! Some days I visit others, sometimes it is days away!!
    Lynn, so glad you stopped by with your encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Robyn so very true without Him we can do nothing - he is the vine and we are the branches john 15, such blessing we have to know Him, love Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete