Monday, April 22, 2013

Spring

Spring astonishes me anew each year! Titus carries the great news that  he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
The Lord has once again refreshed this part of the world. The cold weather has cleared and signs of spring sprouting up in shades of yellow, green, pinks and purples. It didn't happen because of anything we have done. The Lord has chosen the beauty of spring to remind me that He is near and desires us to admire His creation. For it is the purpose of creation to bring glory to the Father.
Grandma's house had a shaded back porch and a lovingly kept backyard to feast your eyes on. In the spring of 2004, we sat on the porch and enjoy the company of one another and the delightful play of my 6 year old. Grandma share how spring was her favorite time of year. Each spring. A grand display of God's handiwork all around. She may be the only one that knew the proper trimming of a backyard garden. Her forsythia was the most beautiful in the entire town! All, she said, because the proper trimming is important! Over the years she spent many hours in the garden that, even in her final spring continued to bring her delight. Always giving God the glory for the beauty!
That spring she gazed around telling me as much as she could to teach me more. During one special day, she spoke of how she would miss spring. "I think this is my last spring" Imagine my delight when we sat on the porch the spring of 2005!! That spring, she was not as able to go out and about as she liked, becoming tired easily and requiring more rest. She was 89.  I took lots of pictures of the flowers sprouting and growing. Now they serve as a pleasant reminder of a great lady, that loved Jesus, quietly.
I am so thankful to God, for allowing me to be loved by her! More importantly, forgiven and renewed by Jesus!

3 comments:

  1. Another beautiful share, Robyn! Thank you!
    There are no signs of Spring here...yet! Too much snow to get rid of first! I love to live in anticipation of what is to come and I know it will come eventually! Have a beautiful day!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story about your grandmother, Robyn. Who could not love spring when having been introduced to it by such a lovely and loving person?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin- your Grandmother story is precious-- how special she was to you! Spring is finally here-- thank goodness!!

    You may use any photo from my blog that you wish if you want to share the giveaway---

    It's wonderful to hear from you again-- I know your life is very very busy--

    Xoxoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete