Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Following along

 Nancy, a faithful follower on my limited blog, has a lot of good things going on at her place, Nickel Nook and A Die for a Sketch !!Okay, maybe Nancy has way more than just these two places, but you will see when you get there! Recently I visited Page Maps, from Nancy's place..
So the sketchy story is this, for a limited engagement, I worked with the design team on a Christian Paper Crafting site. I learned so much there about paper crafting and about Christ in our daily lives. Although that site is no longer available, I am honored to remain in touch with some pretty special ladies from across the nation and even around the world because of that time in my life. (But that is another story)
So, regain focus, One of the cool people I met there was Gloria. Many of you may already be familiar with her. She is an artist in the paper world. She was responsible for the sketch added to my paper crafting. Not much of a fan, I followed along with her encouragement, and now am a BIG fan of sketch inspiration. Just can't get enough of that talent!! Thanks Gloria for the introduction. (Now to find the scrap/paper/scissors table again!)

Well, now the paper following said, I wanted to share a picture that touches my heart. The man in the wheelchair is stooped, bent, weary from physical wear on his earthly body. He, however is a pillar of faithfulness to our Lord. He knows and loves Jesus. In his physical condition, George is not able to lift his head to look at the sky. But in his spirit, he never takes his eyes off Jesus. The young man, squatted beside him is my 15 year old son. The picture speaks for itself.
 The next picture is of the same 15 year old, now walking with his Grandpa in the halls of the hospital, as he builds his strength to face surgery early this month. (Recovering and praising the Lord for clean health!)
All this to say, following the crowd in today's often misguided society, won't win us a seat in Glory. It is not easy to follow Christ, but step by step, I try each day to walk beside him, and guide my son to do the same.(yes the boy likes red!) In John 8:12, Jesus reminds us the HE is the light of the world, and when we choose to follow Him, we will never walk in darkness.

5 comments:

  1. Awww...thanks so much for the shout-out, Robyn! I appreciate it...as I appreciate YOU!
    Beautiful photos of your sweet son! You need to scrap them! lol
    Oh, yes!! Step by step! Amen! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you stopped by Nancy! You are an inspiration, and yes, the pics need scrap pages under them! What do you think of red

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...I love red! I've always called red my "happy" color because it makes me happy! I'm never without red shoes/boots or a red purse! lol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been impressed by the sweet spirit your son has shown as you've shared over the past few years. More evidence of that Christ-like spirit shows through in the photos. May he continue to grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. God bless you, Robyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so blessed by your friendship Natalie. Thank you for your prayer for his continued growth. It is my prayer as well for him.

    ReplyDelete