Thursday, February 25, 2016

TIMING

Ecclesiastes 3New International Version (NIV)

A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.
What do workers gain from their toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time.

After 25 years of being involved in a local Hospice, my season of service appears to be over with this organization.  It has been a difficult transition in my life.  However, I welcome the new season God has brought me to. 

So how is it with you? Does change trouble your heart? Remember the Lord will not bring you to  a new task, without growing you through accomplishing the task.  

God has been good to me, my entire life. I have not always recognized His hand in my life at the time, but looking back I can see clearly.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, my dear friend!
    Thank you for sharing some of my favorite Scripture verses. It's interesting how they become more meaningful as I get older! :o)
    I am so sorry to hear that you're having a difficult time with this change.
    What a wonderful comfort it is that the Lord is right there with us throughout all the changes we go through. He is our one forever constant; loving us and providing all that we need for our circumstances! Embrace this change with great anticipation of what God has in store for you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good! He is good through times when life is easy and He is so good during the hard times. He never changes and is steadfast. I do not know what I would have done without Him. He will see you through this season in your life and will take care of your future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Robyn, what a beautiful Scripture passage and one that is perfect as you make a transition from serving at your local hospice service. I know God will continue to bless that ministry and those whose hearts and lives you've touched. And I pray for this next season for you. I know God always has a plan for us, and I pray He will guide you in the days, weeks, and months ahead! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete