Monday, August 20, 2012

Looking south, out the window, I can see the front porch railings. Nothing but fog, and shadows of trees beyond that. West is a little more clear, with the fog as the background of the trees.
Sometimes, my thoughts are like that. One one subject clear up close and foggy in the distance. As if a haze has distorted my mind. But as the sun warms the day and clears the foggy view, the SON clears my mind when I remember to allow His to shine in my thoughts, actions and everyday 'stuff'! Praise God, He is consistent, no matter how I mess up!
I have always enjoyed Sunday School, for as long as I can remember.  I am guilty of not attending, for one poor excuse or another, for most of my adult life. (and that has been a looog time, friends!) Yesterday, circumstance was arranged, (divinely, I am sure) for the opportunity to begin again. The small group of 30-50's (age), were beginning a six week study by Rick Warren, 40 Days of Community Thank you Lord for your intervention. I am excited now to explore the passage in 1 Corinthians 13, the study is focused on the chapter, sometimes referred to as the LOVE CHAPTER.
Some of you may know, that I enjoy playing with paper, this week, I am challenged to use that pleasure to create a moment for another to have a surprise piece of snail mail! Holding myself accountable by adding this note here!

No comments:

Post a Comment