Friday, May 31, 2013

End times

This scripture has come to mind so much these last weeks, I decided to share it here on my blog. God IS. He has given us clear direction in all areas of our lives. But, sometimes, I get so very confused. The world shouts out: "Its okay, everyone is doing it." "To each his own, who are we to say different." It is not our to judge the lifestyle of others. I pray, I do not pass judgement on others. I don't intentionally do so. Sometimes a fear grips my heart, at what the world accepts as normal and okay.
I had the honor to spend time with some elder relatives this week. There was much talk about the physical changes brought about as we age. There are other issues, mental changes, emotional newness as we grown more aware of our mortality. I rest in the assurance of the Grace of our Savior, that I will one day join Him in Heaven.  In this world, there is daily news of death and destruction. Confusion and self importance dominate population. As Christians, we have become passive at the actions of the world. The Lord brought all this to my mind, over and over, I wanted to use this media to share from the Word of our Lord.
 In 2 Timothy, chapter 3 address the last days.  Well the passage speaks for itself. If you follow the link, at Bible Gateway there is an option to change the version if that will help you understand better. I pray for you as your heart yearns for the God of Heaven.

2 Timothy 3

King James Version (KJV)
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Scripture, Robyn. Your posts may be helpful as I put together our church's Family Faith Book. Our theme this coming year is on living God's Word.

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check it out here: http://notesfrominnisfree.blogspot.ca/2013/06/lalalalalala-liebster.html

    Hope you can participate - let me know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Susan!! Tell me about your church's Family Faith Book! I would love to learn more.
    Thank your so very much for the nomination. My dear blog buddy over at Shaz in Oz nominated me sometime back. I am honored by each of you. I will look it over and see about participating this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Robyn!
    I understand how disheartened we can become when viewing the events happening in our world!
    How wonderful it is to know, without a doubt, that God is still on His throne and in control of ALL!
    We are so blessed to have the opportunity to give all our discouragement back to Him and feel His wonderful peace! God is so good!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete