Monday, September 16, 2013

Ginger


I found a picture, just an average, everyday, sleeping picture to post here. Tried several times, and either blogger insert picture (or my antique computer) wouldn't open it in my post.(revised to add that picture of Ginger in the nest she make of the sorted laundry!) But we lost a precious pet last evening. Ginger spent much of the last month sleeping. Carried outside, set before food and water, and, yes, sleeping!! I brought her home one day (7 or 8 years ago) because her home of 8 years, was disrupted by loss. We didn't, need another dog, but she was a sweet, long hair dappled red dachshund. I love mini doxies!! So, my generous husband, who would do anything for me. (well maybe) said, sure, she needs a home and she is old, so won't be here long. (that sounds mean, but it wasn't)
Two days she wouldn't eat much. Talk of taking her to the vet, put all of us in a state of tears.  So, we watched her drag herself from time to time between naps. Carried her and found she could make the long trip down the hall when no one was watching. One Sunday morning, I put her outside and offered her some food. She didn't eat a bite. Last night, I held her thru two hours of seizures, with no option but to hold her. we knew it was a matter of time. We had been away for the day, so when the boys got home, I asked them to tell her she was a good dog and we will miss her. After the last good bye was said, I held her as the seizures slowed, and finally stopped. She sighed several times and breathed her last. My daughter was holding her as I comforted my tender hearted son.
What a great guy my hubby is, he climbed out of bed (with only a few short hours until he needed to get up for work) and lay her to rest in our little pet cemetery.
So, you see, I had to do three post today, each one connected, yet so far apart.
Yep, Ginger Princess, you will be missed. But our hearts will mend. Not only from loss of pets, family and friends, but from the little every day hurts and stumbles.
Thank you Jesus for being there for me, without fail.

2 comments:

  1. My goodness gracious, Robyn! What a day you had! I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Ginger! I pray you and your family have been comforted by the Great Comforter! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my heart aches for you; I couldn't even finish reading this as our pet is elderly and we know it will happen eventually; and we lost our pet cat this summer. take care
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete