Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Road to Damascus

Life, is like a road. We walk along toward our own reaching toward our goals,and accomplish our purposes. Saul traveled toward Damascus, with a specific purpose, to destruction. But the plans of the Lord are not known to us. God interceded along that road and Saul was blinded. For three days he could not see, he did not eat or drink anything.  In the city of Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord sent him to Saul.  (Read the story in Acts chapters 8 and 9.) As the scales fell from Saul's eyes, he could see and was baptized. Regaining his strength, he began to preach that Jesus is the Son of God.
God will intercede for us, to return us to a path according to His plan. We need only to believe and trust in Him. We live in our world, blindly moving forward. Our path leading to destruction, of ourselves, or perhaps others. The Lord sends someone to walk beside us, to guide us and reveal the truth. If you are walking blindly through life, allow those that come along beside you, to guide you to Christ. If Saul, as he called himself, the worst among sinners, can become filled with the Holy Spirit, proving to the world that Jesus is the Christ. we too can turn our back on mistakes of our past to serve the Lord. Speak, boldly in the name of the Lord.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful message, Robyn! And I totally agree! Through Christ, we are made whole and free, and our past in as far as the east is from the west! Continuing to pray for you, dear friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story of Saul to Paul has always been a favorite of mine. I always thought that if God could forgive and change Saul than he really can and will forgive anything I do! (I never killed anyone!! And never will). I get emails when you post on your blog and don't always take time to go read them right away. Pretty sure God plans it that way because I always end up reading it when it fits. I am doing a Bible study about joy and this week's lesson/homework has been about God guiding us. What a wonderful reinforcement of that truth. Love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, my friend! I don't know how I missed this wonderful post!
    I was just popping in to tell you that I hope you had a very blessed Easter weekend!
    He has risen! :o)

    ReplyDelete